The contest has a prize package worth $2020 featuring $1010 in free groceries from Country Grocer for one lucky winner and a $1010 donation made on the winner’s behalf to a food bank in their community.
The winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 30th, at 20:20 (8:20pm).
The #YearStartsHere contest takes spring cleaning to another by unearthing those dusty treasures you don’t need anymore and selling them to someone who does. It puts money back in your bank account and could win free groceries from Country Grocer!
“We know that many people have been taking advantage of the extra time at home to get their homes organized,” says Nicki Reich, Publisher and Director of Marketing at Used.ca. “So this is the perfect time to post those items they are purging on Used.ca to clear out the clutter and make some extra money. And bonus? Someone will win a lot of free groceries!”
“When Used.ca approached us with this campaign idea, we signed on right away,” says Tammy Averill, Country Grocer Marketing Manager. “Partnering with another Vancouver Island-based company, giving away groceries to a lucky islander and donating to a local food bank during these difficult times is a win-win!”
Here are the easy steps to participate!
Gather your items to sell. The sky’s the limit here! A good rule is if you haven’t used it in the past year, you probably don’t need it. Clean or repair items if required and make sure they are fully assembled and ready to go.
Take good quality photos on your mobile! Click here to learn how to take the best images for your ads.
Draft descriptions for your items. Ads should be short and interesting. Follow these tips:
- Think SEO when creating your title: use keywords that people may be searching, don’t get too descriptive or creative here
- Tell people why you’re selling the item, i.e. “We forgot to return this in time.”
- What condition is the item in? Brand new, gently used, excellent, showing its age, etc.
- Don’t forget the measurements.
- Mention the materials: plastic, glass, type of wood, etc.
- Include the hashtag #YearStartsHere in your description
Think about how much you want to charge for each item when you post it to a Used.ca city site starting on June 1, 2020. Remember that transactions are usually done in cash, so prices that end in zero are easiest: $20, $50, $100, etc. Buyers will usually want to haggle the price so leave room in your pricing to lower it slightly but still get the amount you want.
Familiarize yourself with Used.ca’s Posting Policy so that once you post an ad it will be approved and ready to sell!
You get entries into the contest for:
- 5 entries for each ad posted on Used.ca with the hashtag #YearStartsHere
- 10 extra entries for every 10th ad you post with the hashtag #YearStartsHere